Almond Caramel Popcorn Power Bars
2 PointsPlus® Value per serving.
Makes 4 servings
- 8 cups popped JOLLY TIME® Healthy Pop® Butter Microwave Pop Corn
- 3/4 cup Old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup Puffed brown rice cereal
- 1/2 cup Flax nugget cereal
- 1/2 cup Chopped dried apricots
- 2/3 cup Packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown rice or agave syrup
- 1/2 cup Smooth almond butter
- 1 Tsp. Almond extract
- 1 cup Butterscotch chips, optional
- Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with foil; spray with cooking spray.
- Mix popcorn, oats, cereals, and apricots in large bowl. Mix sugar, syrup, and almond butter in medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes. Stir in almond extract. Pour hot sugar mixture over popcorn mixture, mixing until all dry ingredients are coated.
- Using a spatula or wet hands, press popcorn mixture firmly into an even layer in prepared pan. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Lift from pan with foil; cut into 2” bars (bars are chewy and will soften at room temperature).
- OPTIONAL: To increase portability of bars, melt butterscotch chips. Dip the bottom of each bar and place on a wax paper-lined pan. Refrigerate until coating is set. Wrap each bar in waxed paper or plastic wrap; store in refrigerator.